Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

the calm AFTER the storm

It's been quite a year so far. I've made a complete career change that took just over four months, my best friend got married, we bought a trailer, and I can't seem to come up with enough examples of being busy to actually justify the ridiculous level of exhaustion I've felt so far.
I started working two jobs in January. The station from 5-12, and the health region from 1-5. That lasted until early april when I gave my notice at the station and 'put all my eggs in one basket' as a coworker put it. I was temporary full time until mid may when I applied for my job officially, had the interview and was hired full time permanent.
It's been a huge weight off my shoulders to actually have some solid job stability.
Immediately after being hired officially, I left for my week in penticton. When I came back home, it suddenly dawned on me that for the first time all year, I actually don't have a ton of commitments on the horizon. I can relax! And relax I have!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top 5 Summer Activities.

1) SLO-pitch!!! (of course!)

2) wearing booty shorts! YAY

3) DJ'ing for Storm Music Services

4) Watching out for backstabbers

5) You guessed it! More SLO PITCH! YAAAAYYYYY

pilgrimchick said...

That's great--relaxation must have been hard to come by before.