Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hello, Kobo!

Brad, best husband ever, bought me a Kobo for an early birthday prezzie! He gave it to me when he came back from UFC in Vancouver. I was totally delighted and so excited to get started (I had already purchased a couple of books online in anticipation). So I plugged the little marvelous ereader devise into my computer to charge it as the instructions told me to do. But the little red light that indicates a charge never came on. This was distressing and I read a number of reviews online. I started to become even more distressed with the truobleshooting reveiws I read saying it was certainly not responding as it should. I emailed the Kobo customer service team and received a response within two hours "It sounds like you have a glitchy devise. If it has been less than 14 days since you bought it, please return it to the store where you purchased it". Brad bought it in Vancouver...I can't imagine I'll be able to zip on down to Metrotown to exchange my little ereader, so I contacted Coles in town and they called Regina's Chapters on my behalf and arranged to have a unit set aside for me as I was going to be heading to the city anyway. So, with a new Kobo in hand (and a new orange coloured case which I also purchased in Regina at Chapters), I must say I am still delighted! Even having experienced a "glitchy" unit, I'm still impressed and happy with my ereader. I've heard people complain about them, saying it doesn't have a text-to-speech function, and it doesn't have a backlit screen...well, to those people I say "neither do books. It's not a computer, it's a book". I Love it! Happy early Birthday to me!!

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

It's great they were able to help you out since the first one didn't work correctly--I had that problem with my first HP laptop, and I'll bet you can imagine how unsympathetic HP was about that...