Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Halifax 2.0

This year I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to go to Halifax for a career fair. The weather was fantastic (especially coming from -12 in Regina when I left) and I'm a big fan of the east coast. I stayed with Maureen to start with though she was unfortuantely (for me) called to work in Nevada to learn how to do some sort of underground geology stuff (that was all I was able to understand from her explanation. Whoosh...over my head!). We had Saturday to spend and went around Point Pleasant and the water front, but her flight left early Sunday morning so I was left with Sunday to myself. What does one do in the Maritimes on a gorgeous Sunday? Why, one drives around looking for the World's Largest roadside attractions, of course!

On the boardwalk in Halifax
~ This is not a "world's largest" but it is a pretty freakin big anchor!
~ A big wave in Halifax at the waterfront
~

The World's Largest Blueberry in Oxford, NS - self proclaimed Blueberry Capital of Canada!
~

World's Largest Lobster in Shediac, NB - the Lobster Capital of Canada
~
A big freakin Rooster in Shediac, NB. It's advertising for fried chicken.
~
The World's Largest Silver Fox in Salisbury, NB - Home of the Silver Fox
~
My last stop was at the World's Largest Axe in Nackawic NB - Home of the World's Largest Axe.
~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post makes me immensely happy on so many levels. Glad you had a great trip. Is the lobster still on back order?

Traci said...

I love the blueberry! My family loves traveling to see quirky roadside attractions like these. We have a blog,“Go BIG or Go Home,” which chronicles what happens when our small-town family visits the “world’s largest”…whatever! http://GoBIGorGoHomeblog.com