Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello, My name is Judy Jetson

For Christmas this year Santa brought Brad and I a Roomba. We are now the proud new owners of a robot vacuum. The first time we set it up to run, Brad and I were in the kitchen making supper and Brad asked if I ever thought I would own a robot vacuum. "This is Jetson's stuff, right here!" he declared. I agreed and said it was about time. I want to know where my flying car is, but for the time being, having a robot doing the dirty work around the house will suffice. When the Roomba first became popular, I recall wondering about the brand name: IRobot. I believe they first climbed the stairway to popularity following the Will Smith movie "I, Robot" and it crossed my mind at the time that this was perhaps not the greatest time to really push a new product to the masses. Please, buy our robot vacuum of the same name as the movie about servant robots that revolt and attempt to bring down humanity. Hmmm... I don't know which came first, but the irobot Roomba has stuck around, and it's clear why. Regardless of the ever-present fear of a robot insurrection, I delight in the little circular bot puttering around my living room cleaning up after my slovenly ways while I lounge on the chaise eating bonbons and watching soaps with curlers in my hair...or something.

2 comments:

Magan said...

I want a Roomba so bad it hurts. Please tell me it's everything you wished for and more so I have my justification to buy one?

It's Me! said...

It is absolutely everything I wished for and more! I heart it so much! It's not a total replacement for vacuuming; it takes care of the "in between vacuums"...but when the "in between vacuums" lasts several months, it's practically a miracle.