Pages

Saturday, February 05, 2011

A coat of paint makes me smile

As part of the renovations to the kitchen, we (I) decided it would be a great idea to paint one of the living room walls. I had the brilliant idea after painting the spare room downstairs that it would be really amazing to have a feature wall in the living room in a nice sage-type green. So I picked up a slew of samples and stared at them for months, finally deciding on the colour last week. The wall was going to require a coat of paint with the creation of the new pass-through anyway, so I decided to take the opportunity to change things up. One coat is done and the next will come tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to post the pictures.

(yes, that is an inflatable minion from Despicable Me peeking in from the scrapbooking room through the hall. I bought the blue ray and there was the option of getting a minion too for the same price! I'd have been crazy NOT to!)

4 comments:

mum said...

Great colour! I'm excited to see all the new paintwork. And everthing else.

jayme_shaw said...

I'm very excited for your kitchen renovations... Perhaps we will get to come down and see them in person soon. ;)

*M* said...

LOVE the colour! Much easier to see in this picture than on my bb:)

Meghan said...

I love the new colours. It's so warm and inviting.