Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Things that are New

With the coming of spring (it IS coming, damnit!!), I find myself looking forward to the lovely days of sun and warmth that must be on their way - believe me, if I could push spring simply by force of will, we'd have been prancing around in t-shirts and gumboots for a solid three months already. Alas, my superpowers are underdeveloped just yet.
Yesterday we reached 6.5 degrees (according to the thermometer in my car). Despite really loving my teal Steve Madden winter coat, I flat out refused to wear it during any of the trips I had to make around the city for work. Yes, I wore it to work in the morning, but that was just a formality and I threw it carelessly in the backseat of the Golf on my way home after work. My co-workers scolded me, saying there is still snow on the ground and that "it's warm, but it's not THAT warm". Still, I refused. The way I see it, I'm just coaxing the sun to come out and melt away the rest of the snow by proving that it is, in fact, the time of year to start warming things up. "See? I'm not wearing my winter coat anymore because it's practically summer, Mr. Sun! Honest!"
I've got a lot of things to look forward to in the next few months. Mum and Da are coming to visit in July (for the whole month, right guys? Right?), I'll be heading to Penticton in June to meet Mare's little boy, and en route will hopefully have the chance to stop in Calgary and meet Leah's little one. And the thing that's closest for me to look forward to is a trip to Edmonton to visit Vassy in April! I booked my flight not two hours ago and am so excited! Thank you Westjet for your seatsale, and for losing one of my bags on another flight and giving me a $100 credit for picking it up myself! WOOT!

No comments: