Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Birthday BBQ!

I didn't realize Brad was having a bbq for me for my birthday until I went inside and smelled potato salad.  Up until that point I thought he had just tidied the backyard, put out the fire pit and put up the gazebo.  But he had definitely planned a bbq for me!  Friends from work and family came by the wish me a happy birthday and help me ring in 30 (though it won't be for a few days yet).
After the bbq, once it got dark enough, we started a bonfire in the backyard.  It was a really wonderful time all around and I was so, so spoiled!
~
The scene of the event, before anyone arrived.
 Karlene baked me a cake, complete with cream cheese butter cream icing and fondant decorations!  (Top layer was carrot cake, bottom was a butter chocolate...DELICIOUS)
I so didn't want to cut it!  The owl was too cute!
 And Rob stopped by with Alex who was very interested in my scooter.  I started it for him and let him honk the horn.  He also like to crank the throttle to hear it roar.

1 comment:

*M* said...

LOVE the owl cake!