Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not as bad as I thought.

Any of it, really; I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be, the game wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, and I wasn't as drunk as I thought I'd be. Haha!
I think I caught on somewhat to how to golf...though really, any of the good shots I got were more than likely pure fluke since I still don't really understand how to do any of it. My team, comprised of me, Brad, Kyla and her fiance Landon was really supportive of my terribleness and gave me some tips and pointers that were actually very helpful. They were encouraging when it took me four (or more) swings to finally hit that little damn ball, and they were excited with me when I made a really good (albeit totally fluked) shot. The major downside was the extreme heat. We reached a high of 34 degrees at 3 oclock, right smack dab in the middle of our 18 holes (by the way, 18 holes is waaaay excessive). I pounded more water than I ever have in my life and still ended up with minor heat stroke - really disappointing since I'm pretty sure a 6 pack would have drastically improved my game. Hahaha!
Anyway, here are some pictures:
Highlight of the day: careening around the course in a golf cart. I now totally understand why people love/buy these things. (I still think Scoots would have been fun...if only I could strap my clubs to it somehow...)
~
Our team members, Kyla and Landon
~
Ok, so before you start snickering to yourself about how I swung so hard (looks like I was trying to murder that ball) and the ball is still sitting there, know this: The white ball is not mine. We played best ball and my ball (which was purple) actually went reasonably far. So there. Ha.
~Me standing next to my pink ball (which I later lost in the water). This was my first really good shot and it was the best ball! I was so proud of myself! The next highlight of the game for me was a few holes later when I got a birdie! My drive was best ball, and my putt sunk it! I literally jumped up and down with my putter above my head screaming "Woohoo!!!"
~
Now, as to whether I will play again...definitely next year in the staff tournament, and maybe once or twice before. But don't you go thinking you've found a permanent golf partner, Brad. (I do take bribes though)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you look like a golfer in those photos so that has to count for something. Cute photos, glad you didn't hit anyone and run this time:P You may have a future in golf.

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--I have never tried golfing, and I am reasonably assured that I would be horrible at it and only embarrass myself and anyone else I played with. Looks like you had a great time.