Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Sigh of Relief

Brad's passport came yesterday. PHEW!! If you're counting down, like I am, we were at 6 sleeps till we leave for Vegas. No pressure. Ok, so that's a lie, there was a ton of pressure and I was on the edge of a full panic moment. Brad contacted the passport office on Tuesday though and was told it was going to print. I also sent in an emailed inquiry and received a response on Wednesday saying it had been shipped. It finally arrived yesterday and I breathed a sigh of relief. NOW I can start getting excited for our trip! A tidbit I never knew; if you mail your passport application, it takes 20 business days to process, whereas if you take it in to a passport office, it only takes 10 days. That would be why I received my passport less than two weeks after dropping it off in Saskatoon, and Brad's came a month after mailing it. I guess it all makes sense, but it is something that I really would have liked to have known ahead of time and might be good information to have included on the application form instruction page. Anyway, no harm done, we've got it and we're going! WOOT!
(Please note, the above picture is not, in fact, Brad's passport. In googling passports I found a blog entry about a woman whose cat needed a passport to move to Ireland. Clearly this amused me to no end).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a blast in Vegas! Drink a foot long margarita and buy something with sequins and watch the bellagio fountain and take lots of pics and more importantly, have fun!