Pages

Saturday, May 27, 2006

boo to cars


working really hard right now, clearly, what with me blogging while i'm at work.
i had a really easy time getting up this moring, which is unheard of at 4 oclock...granted i lazed about until 4:20ish...which did help with the getting up. the day is winding down now...one more live cast and then two recorded casts then it's home time.
yesterday i took my car into tony (yes, my mechanic's name is tony...i love it!), and found out that contrary to popular belief, the issue was not a CV joint, but in fact my transmition. yes, the most expensive part to have to have fixed and it comes to my car. figures. but there's nothing to be done about it, i need my car for work, so the price tag stands and it will have to be paid.
in response to the hefty sum, the belt will be tightened on my spending. no more frivolities. no more morning timmy's, no more eating out (perhaps once a month as a special treat), and I think that will save me quite a lot of money. mare is on board too. we'll help each other along with it and support the withdrawl from spending and eating out, and we'll shop sensibly, buying ingredients rather than meals. so, here we go. there may be some frustrated posts on here soon

No comments: