Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

things don't slow down...ever

I woke up this morning with a headache from the room being way too stuffy and hot. That's what happens when I leave my computer on all night. It's incredible how much heat those things put off.
I was also up way too late working on my iTunes...putting album art on all of the songs that I have. When all is said and done it should have about 90% of the songs with some sort of album art. But I just can't bring myself to go to bed when I'm in the middle of something computer-y. Sigh.
I have to go to a city council meeting tonight, and they tend to drive me nuts. Seriously. I don't know how the councillors can do it, having to meet every two weeks and just go over and over and over stuff. *all around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel*
It's only 9 more sleeps until I go to visit Brad. I can't believe how suddenly this has crept up. It felt like such a long ways off for so long, and now I'm down to just one more weekend of work and then I'm on my way. I'm really excited to go. I do actually miss Saskatchewan (yeah, yeah, laugh all you like). And I miss his friends and family (not to mention Brad himself...hahaha). So I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to go camping at Cypress hills, and we're going to spend a day in Swift, and the rest of the time, well...*ahem* but like I said, only nine more sleeps now.
I'm supposed to go home this weekend (wed-thurs is my weekend) and see my parents, and I really want to, but it all comes down to whether or not my car is fixed. Stupid transmission. On the plus side, I've resolved to tighten the belt so to speak and cut my frivolous spending. I realized that if it weren't for my parents helping out with the (astronomical) cost of the repair, I would be completely fucked. And that made me realize that I need to get my debt paid of ASAP and start saving. I need to have a little nest-egg emergency crisis fund. And the only way to do that is to stop the stupid spending. So here we go...I get paid on wednesday, and that's the start of my new resolution.

1 comment:

*M* said...

i am with you miss saucy. we can do this together. it starts now.