Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2006

meeting somewhere that resembles the middle


It's a tough place to be in to care about someone. Especially when that person is far away. I can't regret going for so many reasons, but there's no doubt it's been hard. I love Brad very much, and it's painful to see him disregard himself. Though I don't suppose there's really much I could do if I were there; I don't want to be anybody's mommy, and certainly don't want to be mistaken for that by either him or myself. But after the disagreement we hung up and I felt icky. I threw down the phone and yelled "FUCK, I hate men!!"...then thought about what had happened for a while and called back explaining the reason I had acted the way I had; because I care for him and hate the thought of anything happening to him. I'm glad that I called back. Mare said afterwards it's a good way to explain my reasons and meet him halfway. I know he felt bad too. Silly misunderstandings, and silly the way people do things to get a reaction. Being upfront is not always as easy as it should be, but the important part is trying to come around afterwards.

No comments: