Pages

Monday, December 03, 2007

Not really sure actually...

Feeling out of sorts lately. Not really sure why, but I'm feeling like there's something ominous on it's way. Or something hanging over my head. I can't place the feeling, but it's not pleasant. I almost think I'm forgetting to do something or have forgotten to do something and now it's going to blow up on me. It's disconcerting.
This weekend was good actually, despite things not working out the way I was looking forward to. Ashley and I were supposed to go to Moose Jaw for a bit of shopping on Saturday and mostly just to get out of town for a few hours. She ended up cancelling though due to a tooth infection. It's been plaguing her for the past week and I felt really bad for her. It also made me feel really guilty for feeling disappointed at the same time. It seems like every time we make plans to do something outside of our regular wednesday night activities the plans get cancelled. Obviously not her fault, but still disappointing.
Instead I went to Caronport to visit my friend Lauren who is in her last year of university there. It was good to see her. Seems silly that we don't see each other very often considering we only live an hour and a half away from each other, but still...life always gets in the way. I stayed too long and had to zip home for a quick supper before going to a motivational speaker.
Ashley was feeling better by the evening and so we went to watch Darci Lang speak about attitude and women's perception of other women. Definitely made me feel motivated and gave me lots to think about.
Afterwards I had hoped to hang out with Ashley a little more as I always enjoy our conversations, but she had plans with other friends. She invited me, but I declined. Two reasons really; I didn't really feel like dealing with several people in a conversations (sometimes I just like having a one-to-one talk and dividing my attention between 4 or 5 people isn't appealing), and the other reason is that I don't really relate to her friends at all. I can't seem to find a common ground.
So I went home and stayed up late talking with Brad.
The ominous feeling that is hovering over me didn't really hit until last night. I can't figure out what it is that's causing the feeling. Maybe just a busy month hanging over my head. I don't know. I wish I could remember or figure out what it is that's causing me issues, but it just won't come to me. So I guess I'll just hope for the best.

No comments: