Pages

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Fundraising: Charity and Personal

Let's brush the dust off of my poor neglected blog and get going here.
Charity:
I'm fundraising. I don't often get involved in fundraiser events, but Vassy and I decided we needed to get a team going for the Relay for Life in Swift. If you're not familiar with the event, it's a 12 hour relay (7pm-7am) that raises some fairly big bucks for the Canadian Cancer Society. I've never done this before, but I've heard nothing but good things from people who do it every year. So now, I'm collecting pledges! (shameless plug: click HERE to donate to the Swift Current Media team...I'm the only one registered online so far)
I sent out an email to literally everyone I have in my address book and didn't really expect many people to go use the link, but was plesantly surprised when, within the first hour I had already received two donations! So thank you so very much to everyone who has made a donation! I appreciate it so much!
Personal:
Ok, so while I'm not exactly fundraising for this, but more trying to figure out if I could get the money. I want to buy a scooter. Yup, specifically a little Honda Jazz. Take just a minute to really get a mental image! Ok, now take another moment to stop laughing. I'll wait....
Better? Seriously. I'm pretty sure this is one of the best ideas I've ever had! (and there have been some doozies!) Gas prices have hit 1.31/litre and that's just too damn expensive. I went to the dealership in town yesterday and talked to the salesman about their 2008 Jazz model which I could pick up for $3000. He said I could probably go all summer on a tank of gas as it gets between 60 and 100 miles to the gallon, depending on how it's driven. That sounds pretty damn good to me! Plus then I'd be the coolest kid on the block! So, the question now is where can I get a 2007 model for a little less, and where can I get the money?
(ps, I love the above picture of the scooter...it looks like it's pretending to be an antelope hiding in the grass! haha!)

6 comments:

*M* said...

You would be so super cute on a scooter? Does it come with an extra helmet for a buddy to snuggle behind you?

It's Me! said...

Oh, I think we could find a helmet for a redhead!

Unknown said...

You MUST get one. Then I'll get one. Then we'll get pirate skull helmets and ride around like a motorcycle gang.

It's Me! said...

Uhhh, CLEARLY!!!

It's Me! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

Okay, its in Yorkton, but its new and its cheaper
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&kw=&dp=&age=&kfr=1&kto=2000000&category=4400&mk=Honda&md=Jazz&yfr=2007&yto=2007&pfr=0&pto=9999999&postal=&distance=&city=&pro=SK®ion=&type=&dm=0&mph=false&rentalOnly=false&pricedOnly=false&pl=true&dl=true&coao=false&amvoq=false#