Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

A Perfect Moment

My wonderful boyfriend of nearly four years made me the happiest girl in the world when he proposed to me on Thursday October 16th.
We were just about to head out the door for supper at the Logpile Lodge with my Mum and Dad, and Frank and Christi when I found myself standing in the spare room of my parents house with Brad. He looked very nervous and hugged me, telling me how much he loves me. He told me he was very nervous and I asked what was making him nervous. He explained that he had been trying all day to find a time to do something. I asked him what he was trying to do and he told me he had something for me, asking if I wanted to see it. It was at that point that I took the hint and started to figure out what was going on. I hugged him tight and said "yes, I think I do." He reached into his bag and pulled out a small white box and handed it to me. When I opened it and saw the beautiful princess cut diamond in a white gold setting, I started to cry. I looked up at him and asked if he was sure and he said yes, so I told him he had better put it on my finger. I hugged him and we cried and laughed. Then I looked at him and said he had better ask me the question so I could say yes. So he asked me if I would marry him and I hugged him tight again and said "absolutely!"

3 comments:

Virg is a Busy Bee said...

hi, i came upon your blog while randomly reading other blogs.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Ohmigosh, that story made me teary eyed for you. Congratulations to both you and Brad. I can't think of a happier couple or one better for each other.

Best wishes, and happiness on such a wonderful engagement :)

pilgrimchick said...

Congrats--that is wonderful. You must be so happy--and I am sure he is more than relieved.