Pages

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Ode to Winter

Holy CRAP it's cold!

And now, a montage of some thoughts I've had recently:

New Kids on the Block (groan if you will)
I have recently changed email addresses, so I only occassionally check my old address to see if anything useful has come in through the piles and piles of junk email. You may recall last year my intense excitement to see the New Kids perform in Saskatoon. Well, I signed up for their emails so I could hopefully get a pre-sale. I still get those emails. One that came the other day had this as it's title: Limited Edition Autographed Platinum Albums Now Available. Now, I may have been at the concert, screaming like a hormone charged teen, but I draw the line at spending $625 to have one of 100 limited edition platinum albums. And, to be honest, I judge those who do not draw their line there. I have, however, added the collection of 6 holiday ornaments featuring Joey, Donnie, Danny, Jordan and Jonathan for only $100. It would take any christmas tree to a whole new level of tackiness! (kidding! Kidding!!)

Christmas
It's December 8th today, which is pretty remarkable. Christmas is suddenly approaching very quickly and yet, I still don't find myself in the spirit. We've received a couple of Christmas cards, and Bev and I sat down and made a ton as well. I've even just about finished my shopping. Still, nothing. Maybe once we have the tree all decorated and some other festive items up, it will feel different.

Winter
DAMN it's cold out!!

The New Year
So far, I've got quite a list of things to look forward to in 2010, and looking forward, I am! At the end of January, Brad and I are hoping to get away to Smithers for a post-christmas holiday. In April, Vassy and I will be on the floor at the John Mayer concert in Saskatoon (this time, SHE'LL be the one screaming her undying love to a performer on stage). Later in April, Brad and I are going to be heading to Vegas for Leah's wedding (can't wait to see everyone from the Twin!!), and in July Frank and Christi will be getting married! It's looking like a good year so far!

In the meantime
Christmas...sigh...still feels weird. Luckily Ollie is in the spirit: His christmas list to Santa includes many squeeky toys, a couple of lovely bones, and more delightful clothing (he told me so!!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, you're blogging again. This makes me happy. Almost as happy as having NKOTB ornaments. Sounds like you have some great plans lined up for the New Year, can't wait to hear about them :)

Sean said...

I think Ollie needs to get a Rider jersey!!

Sean said...

Oh, and I am totally on side with Meghan, "Yay, you're blogging again."

Anonymous said...

how come i haven't heard of the nkotb ornaments? r u holding out on me so ur tree looks better than mine?! and ps..i won't just be screaming his name in the crowd!! ;) ;)