Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas at the Giesbrecht Household

It was our third Christmas in Swift Current and I think we've done a pretty good job of incorporating some of my family's Christmas traditions into our own traditions. On Christmas eve we went for a drive around the city and looked at the beautiful lights. Darlene came with us this year and suggested some areas of Swift Current which we hadn't visited before and definitely paid off with some excellent displays of festive lights. She also got into the spirit of things and joined in the critiquing of displays (not "judging" as some would say, just deciding which were tasteful, which were over the top, which were gawdy, and which were "a nice try". Ha! I'm so judgemental!!). After our tour de Swift Current, Brad and I went home to watch the classic movie A Christmas Carol. Black and white, Alistair Sim, 1951. Can't be beat.
On Christmas morning we got up and had a delicious breakfast (waffles a la Jessica, eggs & sausage) and then got to opening prezzies. We opened the stockings first and then our presents. Once again, we were definitely spoiled with lots of goodies. After prezzies, we went to Ben and Brenda's house for a turkey lunch and lots of visiting with family well into the evening. Boxing day continued the festivities as we went to Darlene's for brunch and more prezzies. By the time Sunday rolled around, I felt like I needed a vacation from our long weekend! But it was a nice time to relax and visit and generally not have to go to work!
Now, here are some photos:

Our Christmas tree on Christmas morning, loaded with prezzies!!
~
Ollie feels it would be very much in the spirit of Christmas if Brad would share his breakfast
~
The stockings were hung by hour electric-fireplace-entertainment-stand with care...
~
Brad's new scarf!
~
Me helping Ollie to unwrap his prezzie (Yes, I am wearing a pile of ribbons on my head. what's it to ya?)
~
Love!
~
Ollie determines the best location to play with his new squeaky lion is on my new sweater. Who am I to deny him this fun?
~
Our first Christmas as the Giesbrechts (or Gieslliams, depending on who you ask)
~
Ollie is all tuckered out from Christmas, but is certainly not willing to part with his new toys while he naps on my lap (I swear I didn't put them there!)
~

2 comments:

mum said...

Merry Christmas Mr. and Mrs. Giesbrecht. In keeping with the situation.

Unknown said...

1.) I love your tree

2.) Ollie looks quite fetching in his sweater.

3.) So does Brad with his new scarf.

4.) The bows really bring out your stylish new hairs.

Happy New Years Mr. and Mrs. Giesbrecht.