Pages

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Colouring my thumb with a green marker

When we were in Smithers I found myself admiring my Mum's houseplants. I have not been known for having a green thumb. I always assumed this particular gene had skipped a generation with me as Mum (who has a very green thumb) has occassionally had to rescue the unlucky plants that came into my possession over the years. I have recently had three relatively successful years of flowers in the garden, though each year I plant these knowing I can always blame the Weather if they don't do well. My admiration for the greenery at my parent's place struck me and I resolved to buy some houseplants when I returned to Swift Current.
Yesterday I went to Walmart and bought three plants and fancy heavy pots (harder for Ollie to knock over). I repotted them when I got home and have crossed my fingers that they will not become yet another cautionary tale for plants entering my home.

1 comment:

*M* said...

good luck! we failed miserably with our vegetables and currently our flowers are surrounded by a bed of weeds. can't that just be my garden?