Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Cure for Cryface

I am a crier. I can't help it. I just cry. I'm that person who gets weepy when those sappy long-distance commercials come on. I can't even watch the SPCA commercials with Sarah McLaughlan anymore for fear of sobbing for the poor abused animals, and God help me when those Pedigree commercials come on with the sweet dogs in the animal shelters (you know the ones..."My name is Oliver. I'm a good dog. I just want to go home").
There are a number of people I know (my dear friend Heather being one of them) who have a good solid cry and look refreshed and bright eyed afterwards. I was not blessed with that attribute. No, when I cry I get red eyed, puffy bags under my eyes, a red nose, and generally look like someone has used my face to wipe the floor after spilling a pitcher of red kool-aid. As if that's not bad enough, if I even think about crying after 7 oclock at night I will wake up with morning cry-face. That's right, the red blotchy puffy under eyes and the red eye in the morning. Even if I stopped crying at least two hours before going to sleep, I still wake up looking like I didn't sleep a minute that night.
So, for anyone who may be like me and have the curse of cry-face, I have tried many many remedies and I think I've found one that's at least a partial cure. As soon as you're finished your cry, go to the bathroom. Put in some Visine (or any sort of eyedrop for red-eye). Then use some sort of eyecream and dab it on generously (but not goopy) to both the upper and under eye area. If you have time, put more eyecream on once again before bed. The next morning another shot of visine should take care of any remaining red-eye. It won't take care of the entire problem, but it definitely helps. Try not to use too much coverup or too heavy of a foundation on the eye area the next morning because that just seems to highlight the puffy area.
Cry on, emotional ladies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good tips, thanks! My tip-I also find if I put damp tea bags on my eyes the tanins help with the puffiness.