Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One More Reason to Love Saskatchewan!

And it's this: February Stat Holiday. That's right, Sask jumped on the band wagon last year and implemented a stat in Feb. Genius. It's way too long a stretch from January 1st to Easter! The Feb stat (AKA Family Day in Sask) breaks things up nicely.
Yesterday, in honour of Family Day Brad, Nick, Kim, Myself, Vince, Shay, Brett, Broden, Vanessa and Tom went to Lac Pelletier for some winter fun. It was was a beautiful day and got really mild as the sun came out. We did some ice fishing, sledding, snowmobiling, and I tried out my new cross country skis.


Broden getting ready to catch some fish!
~

Tom going crosseyed getting Vanessa's line untangled
~
Brett helping Broden get on the sled
~
Broden finds a Broden-sized hole from the snowmobile
~
Takin a breather
~
Brad and Nick at the shack
~
Brad on his snowmobile
~
Shay posing on Nick's snowmobile
~
Broden can't wait to drive the snowmobile!
~
Tryin our the new cross country skis and I fell once. Close enough for everyone to see. Figures.
~
My new skis!
~
Broden wanted to go up the BIG hill. Figures. I gave up shortly after this shot.
~
Kim and I were NOT up for the hike. haha!
~
Some things I've learned from yesterday:
1. a 7 year old boy has boundless energy
2. hiking up hills through knee deep snow all day is really tiring
3. if you're going to fall on your skis it will be right in front of all of your friends
4. a wooden tobagan will break if towed behind a snowmobile across glare ice (I didn't learn it first hand, it was just a matter of watching the spectacle)

2 comments:

*M* said...

Who's a hottie with her skiis? Dang, that looks like an ad, you lil model!!

Unknown said...

I have to give you credit, you make winter look fun!