Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

I hate you Winter!

Just because I would hate to be the only person in Western Canada not blogging about the weather, here's my weather blog.
Friday morning I got into work and noticed stories Dono had written the night before about the "winter storm" that was looming. It was a little hard to believe as the sky was clear and it wasn't even that cold. But sure enough, as the day went on, people began to brace themselves for the impending doom of a blizzard, though very few people were candid in voicing their skepticism as to the likelihood of another blast of winter.
Sure enough, Saturday came with clouds and nothing more than a 10 minute bout of snow. Mostly though, there was just a chilly wind. It felt more like fall than a repeat of the throws of winter. Saturday night however, it did start to snow, and a dusting of the white-stuff lay over vehicles, but certainly not on the roads.
Sunday came and it still didn't look like there would be much of this so-called winter storm. The wind was howling though, and much colder than what we were used to. By mid afternoon yesterday though, the wind was whipping snow sideways and it finally looked like a proper winter storm.
Brad and I bunkered down in our little house and pleasantly ignored the hideous weather outside by watching tv and movies. Ignorance is bliss, they say!
This morning, however, it was difficult to ignore the snow on the Escape, and the snow falling in my shoes and soaking my socks as I traipsed across the lawn to take the garbage out. It was also hard to ignore the bone-numbing -23 windchill, and the fact that while leather seats are nice to sit on, they do NOTHING good in a cold vehicle, and it was hard to ignore the fact that my fall-jacket no longer seems warm enough and I'm wishing I hadn't put my winter boots and coat away.
That being said, I don't actually think that I would allow myself to put on winter boots again. I may be freezing my tootsies off, but I am also far too stubborn to acknowledge that this weather is going to last for the rest of the week.

3 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

Oh, geez--I certainly know the feeling. The nice, mild weather we have been experiencing out here is a fantasy world that could be shattered at any minute.

*M* said...

Atta girl...no boots just hot shoes. It's worth it! Take that winter.

Unknown said...

you've made western canada proud.

at least, that's what I hear.