Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Whoops!

I know it's not going to last, and I know it's just a tease, but I'm in LOVE with the weather these past two days! The weekend was lovely! I was outside in my flipflops and a tank top! Yesterday if it weren't for the wind, I would have been wearing shorts too! Ok, enough exclamation marks. You get the picture. I'm tickled with the sun.
The downside? I got a sunburn. Yup. Like a good sun-conscious lady, I put sunscreen on my face yesterday after my shower, but I still managed to get pink cheeks. And my arms...oh my poor arms. They're red and hot. I should have known better. I forgot to put sunscreen on them. Now all summer I'll have to battle with nasty tan-lines from my tank top.
I'm always the one asking everyone if they put on sunscreen, if they need more, and if it's a high enough SPF. I'm the one preaching proper sun-protection and advocating for preventing skin damage, and yet here I am, the only person in this city with a sunburn. Irony.

No comments: