Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Concerned for my Mental Well-being...

I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm overly stressed or have too much on my mind or something, but for the first time in my life, I'm not dreading winter.
I'm actually (dare I say it?) looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to cross country skiing, taking some snowboard trips, continuing our new holiday traditions (I may be excited, but I'm still not going to say the name of the holiday that starts with the letter "C" before November). I'm looking forward to going to Smithers for Thanksgiving in 17 sleeps, and for the NKOTB concert with Vassy in 63 sleeps, and for going to visit my family again in the new year, and for Mare coming to visit me in the new year as well. There's lots coming and for the first time it doesn't feel like a big bleak winter is looming.
As someone who adores summer and hot hot weather, I pose this question: WTF changed?
Well, something must have changed because this morning, for the first time since I started driving, when I went out to my car and scraped the frost off of the windows I wasn't uttering a steady stream of four letter words under my breath.
I guess I shouldn't give it too much thought just in case thinking about it makes me revert to my previous hatred of winter...might as well enjoy it, it's inevitable afterall.

3 comments:

*M* said...

Me too!!! I am actually looking forward to the cute winter clothes and scarves and rosy cheeks:) And of course coming to see you!

Unknown said...

I found myself looking at a flyer today and going "ooooh, snow shoes!" fondly.

Clearly,we need to be lobotomized.

It's Me! said...

I think we've been watching too many cute movies where everyone prances through the snow in their cute white winter coats and boots and fun coloured scarves as light fluffy snowflakes fall inocently on their noses.
We've forgotten the slush, ice, gravel, salt, bruised asses and knees from falling on said ice, the days of cabin fever from being stranded indoors during blizzards.
Yet, even acknowleding those things doesn't phase me...I'm fixated on a warm cozy sweather, cute fuzzy slippers, and a big cup of hot cocoa ("cocoa" sounds so much more alpine) in front of a comforting fire in some ski chalet somewhere...even though that scene is actually not in my winter future.
Deluded, much? Perhaps we should bottle this delusion and sell it as an alternative to prozac and valium?