Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Battling my Low Motivation

I haven't been updating a lot lately for a few reasons:
1. I'm exhausted...I've had the start of a cold coming on for over a week now, and it never progresses or disappears. It just sits there
2. I have a new puppy. This gives two sub-reasons for not posting:
a. I'm afraid this blog will turn into "cute things Oliver does" if I'm not careful, and
b. He's adding to the exhaustion. Turns out our little furry friend has a decent case of separation anxiety and as soon as we leave the house he goes and poos in either the kitchen, the livingroom, or the spare bedroom. Then he goes into the recycle bin and tears into the cardboard, destroying it all over the house, and then he attacks the kleenex box, destroying that too. I'm beginning to cringe when I think about what kind of surprise I might come home to each day. I've done lots of research online though, and everything says it takes a long time to break that anxiety...not terribly encouraging, but I guess that's all there is to it. It's tiring though.
Other than that, not a lot is new. That's why I haven't been updating in such a long time. Not much to say. I go home after work, take Ollie outside, come in, have some lunch, lay down for a nap, take Ollie out again, do the dishes and maybe some laundry, debate on supper for a long time, watch some Sex and the City, go to bed. That's my day. I figure it will pick up once I don't feel like I have a cold anymore. Then there will be some updates.

No comments: