Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finally! It feels like Christmas!

After weeks spent wondering when it would start to feel like Christmas, it's finally setting in, and I'm so excited!
Yesterday Brad and I set up our Christmas tree. It still feels a little early, but I guess it was less than two weeks until Christmas, so why not? I unpacked the rest of our decorations and put them around the house to make it more festive as well
Then it was time to set up for our Christmas Party! Every year Vince and Shay have a party, but this year they have a three week old baby who started to feel under the weather earlier in the week, so they decided it was best to just cancel. Well, since everyone already had planned for the party, Brad and I moved in and invited everyone to our place instead. We made a ton of food and everyone that came brought something too. Surprisingly though, there is literally nothing left over today. NOTHING. I guess that's a good thing though! We had a mini gift exchange and listened to music while watching the fireplace channel (I LOVE that channel!) and then played some Wii. And what party would be complete without Ever Hopeful Ollie trying to mooch some food?


Ashley and Brian came over around 10 and brought Leighton with them. Ollie was delighted to have a new best friend and they chased each other around the house for a couple of ours. Turns out the only thing that can tire out a 3 year old boy and a 10 month old puppy is each other! They finally got pooped out around 1 am when Leighton spotted the movie Cars on my dvd shelf and begged us to put it on.

This was quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. Bar none.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! it's Christmas. Your tree looks very festive. Can you email me a picture of Ollie and Leighton, I couldn't enlarge it on your blog and I'd like to have a better look. It is adorable. Ollie looks like he's bulking up a bit. How are you guys keeping warm? It's freaking cold here too but not as bad as there. -49 !!! WTF. Talk to you soon. Love, Mum.

*M* said...

I love your place, it's so festive. I wish I could have been there enjoying the holidays. ONE year, we have to!

Unknown said...

It looks like such a festive, fun time. Glad everyone had fun. And yes, I agree that picture is the cutest thing ever.