Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!

After all of the build up and all of the hype, Christmas has come and gone. It's difficult being so far from my family during the holidays, but Brad and I have started out own traditions, many of them spin-offs from my family traditions. On Christmas Eve, after supper, Brad, Ollie and I got into the Escape and went for a drive around the city looking at Christmas lights and delivering some Christmas cards. We picked up Darlene and came back to our house to watch the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol while enjoying a mug of hot chocolate with Irish Cream...yummers!
On Chrismtas Morning, Brad and I got up and made coffee then opened our stockings and prezzies followed by a fantastic breakfast. It was a perfect morning!
We got dressed and headed out to say hello to Ben and Brenda (and the whole family it would seem!), and then went to Darlene's for the day where we stayed for Christmas supper (I heart turkey and mashed potatoes!)
It's hard to be so far away from my family, like I said, but I still had a very nice Christmas.
~
Our tree and Prezzies!
~
Stockings! (the little one is Ollie's)
~
Ollie didn't quite know what to do with the prezzies, so we had to help him open them)
~
Me and Brad in our new comfy pants!
~
The greatest hat EVER. Clearly.
~
Darlene had a bird feeder right outside her kitchen window and the birds and squirrels were very very very interesting to Ollie.
~
Frank and Christi sent us a ton of stuff from Smokescreen. Ollie got a new shirt, Brad got a Oneway toque and a hoodie, and I got a super warm hoodie, original screenprinted t-shirt, and purse.
~

1 comment:

*M* said...

is that some pretty curls i see?