Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I feel all growed up!

Yesterday, I did something I haven't done in probably about 8 years. I went to the library and got a library card! I then promptly went and found the book I was looking for and checked it out. (Beautiful Boy by David Sheff...very good so far)
This morning, talking to the guys about my new aquisition (the library card, not the book) I remembered how big a part of my childhood the library was. At least, I remember it being a big part. I remember the old library in Surrey and how much I liked the children's room. The new library was neat, but it felt almost too big and organized. It just reminded me how reading has been such a big part of my life.
My goal was to read 52 books this year. Ok, so I'm not even close, but I've made a good honest effort at it! I'm onto my 26th book. So, for 2009, same goal.

1 comment:

*M* said...

You be proud of 26 books. That's amazing, my lil book worm:) oxoxo