Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Before Sunset

I watched Before Sunset tonight, and it has occured to me, I relate more to the characters as 32 year olds than I do when they were supposed to be 23. Is that obsurd? I remember how captivated I was by the romanticism and naivity of Before Sunrise, and now, in this sequel, nine years later, the reflective nature seems more fitting to me. I'm not jaded, but it intrigues me that I would relate better to thirty-somethings than to those closer to my own age. The only conclusions I can draw are that a. they wrote the characters unrealistically (definately a possibility) and targetted them more towards my age group, or b. I'm ridiculously mature for my age. Ha! But, the movie was good. Many would argue, and many would be horribly disappointed and likely be fairly to extremely bored, but I like it. The first movies became my quiet, reflective mood movie, and the second, well...it was a good movie.

No comments: