Pages

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Growing up

I knew it would happen, or rather, I had been told it would happen, but when it actually does...well, it's surreal. From the time the first person in my class got engaged I was told it was not the end and all of a sudden everyone would be getting married.
the weird part of me is thinking about these people how I knew them in highschool. These people who went out all the time and got drunk and screwed around all the time. I know that was highschool, and it's definately not fair to hold things from those four years against anyone...afterall it was 6 year ago (holy crap!), but it's so strange to think of these kids getting hitched and being adults...even the ones I knew after highschool I still think of silly little first year university students...the fact many of them are done university too and trying to get real jobs blows my mind too. It's much the same as looking at someone you used to babysit and seeing them at graduation, or (even worse) at the bar! How did they grow up? And when did that happen? Weird

No comments: