Pages

Monday, September 04, 2006

A ponderism

I stood in my livingroom and spun around and around, letting my arms float up like they were weightless. When I stopped I felt dizzy and realized that's pretty much exactly what it feels like when I'm drunk, and I mean really drunk; drunk to the point where if I don't drink lots and lots of water I'm going to have a mean hang over the next day. Maybe if I only spun around 4 times instead of 6 I would just get a buzz...that sure would save money...
Anyway, the bottom line is I understand why little kids love spinning so much, but at the same time, wonder why I never felt sick after spinning when I was little?
I bet you're wondering why I was spinning in the first place...well, why the hell not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds fun, gonna try now.

pilgrimchick said...

I like the spinning idea, and it certainly is more economical money-wise for the effect. Maybe being shorter (hence closer the ground you may inevitably end up on if you spin too often) made the experience less "dramatic."