Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Deja Vu

A friend of mine once told me that when you start having a lot of moments of Deja Vu, it means you're on the right track. I made some sort of silly comment about always getting deja vus when...well...nevermind. She didn't appreciate it. But the honest truth of it is I tend to have a lot of them. They come in spells where all I do is have one after another. Sometimes they're consecutive, other times they're spread out over the course of days or weeks. Lately they've been coming strongly. The other night when Brad and I were standing outside admiring the lawn in the evening (dorky, I know), and another just a moment ago when I was taking a picture of the birthday present my brother sent me to post a blog entry about. Sometimes it's just actions, or conversations, but most often it's thoughts that go along with those actions and conversations. And more and more frequently, rather than have a deja vu, I have a moment where I realize I dreamt this moment several years ago. The first time that particular feeling hit me was when Brad and I were on spring break and we'd driven to Swift Current. We had just gone to bed and were laying on an air mattress on his dad's spare room floor. A room I had never been in before with a guy I'd only known for a few months. It suddenly hit me when I turned my head to look at Brad that I had seen everything before. I had dreamt it probably about three years prior. I had dreamt of Brad, exactly as he was, dreamt of the room I had never been in, in a town I hadn't ever heard of. Since then, the dream memories and deja vus have been crashing over each other. Sometimes to the point of being totally irritating.

Now I just wonder what they mean? Am I on the right path? Well, I like to think so, and I suppose after months of changes and decisions, it's good to get the cosmic nod, but at the same time, I feel like so much is up in the air at times. Maybe it's just the universe telling me I'm doing ok.

No comments: