Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

"The Time Has Come...

...the walrus said"? no, wait, that's not it. But the time HAS come...it's Monday, which means we're down to two more sleeps until I get to Penticton and to Mare! I'm so excited I have that Christmas Morning feeling in my stomach. In fact, I may have had a crummy sleep last night as a result. It's fairly ridiculous...especially since I've been counting down since Easter when I booked my holiday time. That's a whopping 136 sleeps! hahaha...right...ok, so kind of lame, but very thrilled.
Also thrilled for camping with the family afterwards. My parents, myself, Brad, my brother Frank, his girlfriend Christi, and my auntie Cheryl and uncle Rick. It's going to be fairly ridiculous, especially if you know my family at all. To get a full perspective on the family, take me and multiply that level of eccentricity (euphamism?) by roughly 50. That should bring it on par with the behavior that can be expected. Plus mum is bringing the G&T's and I'll be coming from the Okanagan with several bottles of wine. Should be fantastic!
But, anyway, I digress (which probably has something to do with being tired from excitement). I'm leaving tomorrow night. By Bus. I have a layover in Medicine Hat ("we dance, we dance, we dance! Ar-rou-ound the Medicine Hat!") in the middle of the friggin night and I'm more or less worried about being mugged and thrown into a broom closet, or worse while I'm there. I plan to look angry and talk to myself a lot in a frustrated and anxious voice to ward off the lunatics (Can't beat em, join em!). But it's only a couple hours or so, followed by a plane from Calgary to Kelowna where Mare will pick me up and we will hug for at least 5 minutes and get some severe cry-face. Then a Chai Latte! and many many adventures! Oh the good times we'll have! Ok, I'm done gushing! Can't wait though...seriously not going to sleep! YAY!

2 comments:

*M* said...

Tis almost Christmas Eve! I also have that giddy anticipation feeling. Pretty sure there will be little sleep tonight or tomorrow night as I think of you travelling through the night. Hugs, chai lattes and wine. Going to be a great few days!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, are you gonna be in the Kamloops area at all!?!