Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Drive In Fun!

Last night was my first trip to a Drive In Movie! The Eagle sponsored a night at the drive in and they played Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End. Clearly I had to attend. So Jon, Hayley, Ryan and I piled into the cruiser and zipped out the Clearwater Drive In for the show which was scheduled to start at dusk (9:20). Now, if you're familiar with the pirates movies, they're fairly lengthy and the last in the trilogy was no exception. It started on time and finished just after midnight. Almost a three hour movie, but what a great time! It felt just like being at the movie, but talking was fine because the only people who will shush you are in the car with you, and then it's easy to just tell them off. It was so much fun, even though, by the time 11 oclock rolled around, I was so tired that it was a struggle to stay awake. Furthermore, the back seat of the cruiser is not a terribly convenient place to watch a movie from. I had to contort my body to see and, frankly, I'm suprised my spine hasn't suffered permanent damage. But all in all I wouldn't change a thing.
Highlights for the night included:
*random checks on the couple in the car in front of us. (hee hee!)
*laughing at Orlando towards the end when he looks like he's lept off the pages of a romance novel complete with extra eyeliner, flowing dark hair, and a flowy black shirt open to the navel. Ryan and I were a cackling mess when we started talking about how he was modelled after Fabio, but minus a seagul in the face
*laughing to the point of hysterics at the heart-in-the-box.
*learning Ryan's dance moves and dancing along in the backseat to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend.
Now, despite only getting three hours of sleep last night, I'm doing pretty good!

No comments: