Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mmmm, Hot dogs!

(Chris and I from the Morning Show at Hot Dog Day)
I'm a big fan of hot dogs. Innevitably by the end of summer I don't want to see another tube-steak as long as I live, but at the start, I just can't get enough of the questionable meat.
Friday was Golden West Radio's Hot Dog Day at the station. It took a ton of organizing from everyone involved, but their hard work paid off and the steaming hot dogs were served up to hundreds of people. (I had two).
It was a glorious sunny day (I think I actually got some sun on my legs!) and everyone gathered in front of the station to socialize, visit, meet, greet, and generally gorge ourselves on free food. The dogs (from Treen Packers) were the best I've ever had, and the buns (from the Husky) were awsome too. Makes me anxious for next year's Hot Dog Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! I should have stayed longer. Street hot dogs (I know that sounds awful but you know what I mean) are the best.

It's Me! said...

You're right, you should have stayed longer! But for other reasons too...the dogs would have just been a bonus. We'll have to plan Hot Dog Day around your next visit.

Unknown said...

Mmmm, hot dog day is a great throwback to the elemntary school days.

Never have more than two hotdogs and go on the tire swing. Never.