Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

At the Carwash

I went to the carwash today. When I was little, going through the automatic car wash was always a thrill (the different coloured foam was somehow more magical as a child). Today I took the CKSW Cruiser through the car wash.
As I pulled forward and the initial hard spray of water doused the undercarriage and sprayed along the windshield, I had to squint to see through the shower to the sign that says "Drive Forward". Luckily it's green, so I could at least go by colour if not words. Then the whole washing process began.
To the right of the vehicle was a big light-up board that displayed the various stages of the wash. The funny thing about it was that as the soap was covering the windshield, followed by the torrent of pressure washer water, followed by the "spot free rinse" and the multi-coloured foam whose purpose i'm not really sure of, I realized there was absolutely no way I could possibly read the light-up board. I had no idea whether the Laserwash was done and we were on to the clear protector coat, or whether it was time for the spot-free rinse. Why do they bother displaying the stages if no one can see through their windows to read it? Sure I could turn on the windshield wipers, but there's a big sign that says not to! Maybe it's just there to prevent patrons from getting bored by ensuring they have something challenging to do while waiting.

1 comment:

it.takes.both. said...

i wonder the exact same thing.
releived to find i'm not the only one to think of this as strange.