Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where did THAT come from?

Yesterday, being the hot hot day that it was, Vassy and I went to TCBY for frozen yogurt and then walked to her house. We were about halfway there when our lovely sunny hot evening turned terrible.
The wind picked up.
And the wind picked up THINGS.
It effortlessly whipped sand, dirt, gravel, leaves, pine cones, and anything that wasn't secured to the ground at the city. We squinted against the wall of dirt that was stinging (and exfoliating) our faces, and tried in vain to keep the hair out of our mouths, and ground our teeth on the sand in our mouths. We ducked into the Library for a pause. For all that it hurt and was awful to get caught in a windstorm, I found it horribly amusing and was worried I'd laugh till I peed if I wasn't careful. We peered out the doors and decided it wasn't going to get any better any time soon, so off we went again, leaning into the wind, covering our faces, and laughing hysterically.
When we made it to Vassy's place, she offered me a ride home. I hopped in the car and made a feeble attempt to straighten my hair, pulling out leaves and bits of dirt as I did.
I just have one question: Where did that come from?!

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--that's the kind of experience that should be accompanied by camera shots at odd angles and a creepy orchestration in the background.