Pages

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Can't sleep (clown's gonna eat me...?) (sorry, simpson's reference)

Ugh, I can't sleep. Too many things on my mind. Things changing with my job, things changing with my life...with everything. I'll be moving into my new apartment in less than two weeks, Mare is leaving in less than two weeks, Brad is coming in less than two weeks, and god only knows what's happening with work. I'm up for an on-air morning show co-host gig, which would be phenomenal, but doesn't pay all that well. I've also got the option of taking Mare's job, which is a promotion and a raise, but still news. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy news, but I don't know if that's what I want to do career wise. My boss is putting the pressure on me to make a decision, but I don't know what to decide until I hear about the on-air posting. I've told her I want Mare's job if I DON'T get on-air, but she wants to know yesterday. I'm putting it off. The money would be a definate bonus, and would make things much better for me financially, what with now being faced with an apartment to myself and all. But, oh, I don't know.
I can deal with a few things being up in the air, but this feels like a lot.
And I can't even begin to plan my personal life since that revolves around my work life. I want to go camping with Brad when he comes for my birthday (24! eep!), but where we go depends on how much time off I have, and that depends on what days off I end up with, which depends on what job I end up with. Oh god, it just keeps spinning around and around and around in my head and won't bloody stop. So I'm going to Smithers for my weekend tomorrow morning, and I want to sleep and I'm tired, but I can't bloody well pass out. It's times like these I wish I had a little stash of dope so I could just fall asleep.

1 comment:

*M* said...

You should have banged on the wall as I was wide awake til about three o'clock this morning!! I woke up just to hear your car start up:( I hope the next two days bring you the clarity you need and the relaxation necessary for us to enjoy our last week together. love you