Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2006

My day off (singular)

I had a really good day off. Very relaxing and long enough to feel like two, which was really good considering I really only had one day off this week (I worked a bunch of overtime yesterday...hooray for banking hours!).
It started with a big struggle to get out of bed, but I won over the pull of my comfy bed and go up and ready in the timeline I had allowed myself. I took my car in nice and early to Tony the mechanic (who should just love me for the ammount of money I've given him for repairs to my wheels. Right on schedule, I was nice and early at the bus stop waiting for the bus to take me back to my apartment.
While I was at home I made a call to Kris in FSJ who had told me about the job and thanked him but explained that I feel like I'm in a good place right now and want to stick it out for a little while longer and see what happens here. He said he totally understood and was in a similar situation, so no worries. I thanked him again for the heads up.
After less than an hour at home Tony called me with the good news: the power steering was only leaking because the hose wasn't tightenned completely, which meant I only had to pay for the time they spent working on it and making sure it was going to be ok. So I went to the bus stop again and was early for the bus back to the shop.
After picking up my car I did some errands which included returning a movie to the video store. I dropped it off and was walking around the counter when I guy standing there said "Excuse me" I turned around and he said "You are disgustingly beautiful" I gave him a strange look and said "uhhh, thank you" and left. What a weird way to compliment someone..."disgusting" isn't usually followed by "beautiful", but oh well, some people are just odd...I took it at face value and went on with my errands.
Afterwards, Docc and I went for lunch at Kelly O's where he picked up the tap since he works there and gets a discount. Then we went to Fort George Park and walked around and talked. It was a really good way to spend the day, then I dropped him off at the station and came back to my apartment once again.
I watched TV and vegged..."the bounty" was on (oh, Mel), and then I talked briefly with Brad before his phone died. I did some dishes and general tidying of my place in preparation for Mare and Anna's arrival tomorrow, and now I'm ready for bed and it's only 11. A good, full day...and it's back to work tomorrow and then a weekend of hanging out with Mare and Anna including a concert, some dancing and generally good times all around. Looking forward to the weekend, and feeling settled and content in general.

No comments: