Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So Far...

First and foremost, today is my favorite day of the year! INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!! YARRR!!! Visit http://www.talklikeapirate.com/ if you're totally out of the loop and have no idea what I'm talking about. (And also please reconsider why you're reading this blog as clearly you don't know me at all!).

That may be the only saving grace of this day. I'm tired and worn out and feel pulled in multiple directions with lots to do.
It's already been quite a week really. Monday afternoon I packed my bags and went to Shaunavon to see what the station is like there and see how things are done. Gotta love a business trip! For whatever reason, I was utterly exhausted though and fell asleep at about 9. Kind of lame, I know, but what can I say?
Then, in the early AM yesterday morning I got up. I slept in 10 minutes longer than I normally do (which felt deliciously slothful to me), then I got up. I was showered and had dried my hair and picked out my clothes for the day (I always take two when I travel...choices are good), and I had just started straightening my hair when I found myself sitting in the dark. I grabbed my cell phone and used the light from it to fish through my purse for the whistle my mum had given me for christmas last year. The whistle had a nifty little flashlight attached to it, the light from which I used to get dressed by and pack up the rest of my belongings. I had hoped the power outage was maybe a blown circuit, but it infact spanned the whole town. Yup...it was an adventure. I later learned the power-outage spanned 60% of the province (though our house in Swift mysteriously was not effected...?) . The biggest power outage in the past 20 years, according to SaskPower.
The rest of the day went smoothly and I got home shortly after 2, feeling terribly braindead.
Now the day continues and the week is half done. Wish me luck...Yarrr!

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--I've heard a lot about this pirate day. I'll have to make sure my eye patch and bandana collection are ready for it next year.