Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

The Little Dollar That Could!

Last week the dollar, or Loonie, reached parity with the US dollar. It dipped over the week by less than a cent and hovered around the .99 mark, and now, today, it's hopped once again. That's right, the Canadian Dollar is now worth $1.01 US. I know there are economical reprocussions to this, but, to be honest, I feel a sense of gloating pride rising inside me. I can't help it. If I were working retail at this point and an American citizen came into my store and offered American money, I would be tempted to be a jerk and demand they square up with their pennies. I might even present a little serving of payback and laugh at their money, maybe examine it to see if it's actually real and ask them what it is they're handing me. Ok, maybe not, but I might do a little dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also, check to see if the penny is American and insist they exchange it to a Canadian one as to not affect our already high dollar rate. Muahahhaha.