Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Sometime This Week"

It's going to happen this week. That's what SaskEnergy tells me. We'll be getting a gas line put in at our house "sometime this week". All I have to say is there will be hell to pay if it is not. I understand there is a shortage of contractors in the province, and there is a lot of construction being done, but I have been waiting two months. And it's getting cold at night. We don't have heat at our house right now because we don't have a gas line to supply gas to our furnace. And let me tell you, a little space heater just isn't going to cut it if it keeps getting colder. No deal. But, the lady I spoke to today with SaskEnergy told me it will be done this week. Which means by the weekend (god willing) we should have heat in our house again. I may crank it up to 30 just for fun the first day. Pretend it's still summer!
This whole process has been an utter joke. I called in July to set up an account with the crown corporation. At that point I told them I needed a line run and they set up a time to have someone come and see the property and get the placement mapped out. He came at the start of August and told me it would probably be close to the end of the month before they'd get there. Well, we're at the end of September now. This is simply not acceptable. Brad keeps telling me that it's a good think I've been dealing with SaskEnergy because if it were him he'd have torn a strip off them already.
But, like I said, "sometime this week"...so, I ask you to please cross your fingers for us.

2 comments:

*M* said...

I say if it isn't in by the end of the week, let Brad have at 'er and tear off a strip. Sounds like they deserve it! I am also hearing news story as well...I'm sure other people are in your boat. Might be a good thing to get some asses in gear!

Martens said...

I'd punch them in the ovaries..make 'em pay big time