Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting Close

The countdown has been in effect for 54 sleeps, and now we're down to just 4! I will be back in Smithers in a mere 4 sleeps. It's really only 3 until I leave, which is exciting in itself. I'm actually looking forward to (dare I say it?) being back in PG. I know. Who'd'a'thunk it? But it's true. I miss it sometimes. I miss the people, and the independance. My time in PG was a good period in my life. There were definitely big downsides (Brad living so far away, the entire system crash at work and subsequent mental breakdown on my part), but there were a lot of really good people and really good memories.
But enough about PG because regardless of how sentimental I may feel about it, it's still a smelly city where my tires got stolen. (Bitter still?)
So, I'll be leaving on Friday for PG followed by a train trip to Smithers the next morning. I really love that trip on Via. It's long (6 hours), but a beautiful ride. And the train is really relaxing. Like the commercials say, it's a civilized way to travel. Plus the dome cars are really cool! Ha!
Then it's a week in Smithers with my family and a couple friends. Mostly looking forward to many pots of tea with Mum, hitting the ski hill with Dad, and hanging out with Frank. Oh, and pulling Gus' tail (curly, straight! curly, straight!). hahaha! (No wonder he looks nervous when he hears my voice!)
But anyway, it's getting close, and I'm pretty much packed. Hahaha! Jumpin the gun a little, but oh well! At least this way I know I won't wear anything I wanted to take with me. Mind you, now I'm wearing "laundry day" clothes for the rest of the week. Hot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that viarail trip. The dome rocks. Have a blast in Smithers and say hello to your family for me :)