Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's Ba-aack!

After only two months free of wedding season (which went exceptionally long this year with Vanessa and Tom's wedding mid-October), the brief reprieve has ended.
That's right, we've received our first wedding invitation of 2008. Or, rather, Brad has.
It was addressed to "Brad and Guest". I have met the bride several times, and, granted we don't know each other THAT well, but I feel that since Brad and I have been together for over three years, maybe that would warrant my name on the invitation?
I'm perfectly aware that I am definitely going too far into this, but a small part of me feels mildly slighted. I feel that I am an active part of Brad's life, and (dare I say?) a somewhat permanent fixture.
Maybe it's poor wedding etiquette to invite the significant other of your guest by name in case the couple is going through a rough patch? Having never been involved in the planning of a wedding, I'm not familiar with the various taboos.
On the contrary to that possibility, my cousin Clint (who has never met Brad) got married this fall and he and his fiance invited him...well, I assume they meant to invite him, since it was addressed to Jessica and Brian (they tried).
Anyway, I won't be going to said wedding as it happens to fall right in the middle of Mare's visit. Oh well...one less bouquet to catch.

No comments: