Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm sorry, did you say -53?

Yesterday was my first day back at work. What did I wake up to? A blizzard. In Sean's words "We're so glad to have you back, we threw you a blizzard!" Thanks. You shouldn't have.
It was gross, and Brad's car doesn't do well in the snow (great Saskatchewan car, eh?) so I came home after work and holed up in the house.
Today, at last check, Environment Canada said -35 with -53 windchill. I think I heard the car cry a little when I started it this morning.
Last night when trying to plug in the cars (one was out front and too far for an extension cord so we had to jimmy some extension cords to make it long enough to warm the thing for a jump so it would start) Brad spent quite a lot of time outside. When he finally got everything sorted and came in he was cold. His skin stayed cold to the touch for at least 40 minutes, despite the heaps of blankets. He wasn't complaining, but I was a little concerned. I think the next few days will largely involve going directly to and from work and home. Tea and scrapbooking anyone?

3 comments:

*M* said...

ohhhh honey. wrap yourself permanently in an electric blanket! soon i will be there to warm you up;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah!

Unknown said...

Ack, -53. Like Smithers, but not. I agree with the hibernation thing. Nothing some scrapbooking, blogging and tea can't fix :)