Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ambitious? Maybe.

At the end of the weekend, Mum commented in amazement at our level of ambitiousness at believing we could meet for a weekend in Regina, find and buy a dress, and get it altered. Yet we never for a moment thought it wouldn't happen. In retrospect, it was definitely an ambitious goal, but one we achieved happily!
Mum flew in on Thursday and Vassy came to Regina on Friday morning to help me find my dress. We went to my first appointment Friday morning where I tried on so many stunning dresses! After lunch we went two more places and by the end of the day I was beat.
Saturday was just me and Mum and we hit four more shops (effectively covering every bridal boutique in Regina, I believe). I probably tried on around 30 dresses in totwl, but just couldn't find anything nicer than the ones at the first shop. So Mum and I went back and I tried on my two top choices again about 4 times each and was feeling so overwhelmed that we had to leave again and grab a chai to clear our heads and weigh the options. We finally made the choice and as soon as I tried it on once more I knew I had chosen right!
So, I now have my wedding dress! I'm gonna be a bride!!!

2 comments:

*M* said...

Not only are you going to be a bride, but THE most beautiful bride:) your choice was hands down the right one!! It's so gorgeous and I can't wait to see it in person. I am so happy that your mum was able to come out and share this experience:)

Unknown said...

I am dying to see what this dress looks like!