Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Mum and Me

Aside from finding my wedding dress, this past weekend was a ton of fun, as I got to hang out with Mum for three and a half days!
The weekend started on Thursday when I drove to Regina to surprise Mum at the airport by picking her up. (She wasn't expecting me until Friday morning). I went and checked into the hotel and then headed out to the airport where I sat for more than a half hour waiting for her plane. I thought I would see it land, but apparently I was mistaken. I was watching out the window when I heard a lot of happy-people-noises behind me. I turned around and realized there were people from the flight milling about in the arrivals area around the baggage conveyor belts. I lept up and went to wait at the bottom of the stairs for Mum to come down. I waited. And waited. And waited. Then the flight attendants and pilots came down the stairs and I knew I had missed her. She was traveling light and had only carry-on, so she just walked out the doors, grabbed a cab, and went to the hotel. All the while I was sitting right there around the corner at a little cafe table. I drove back to the hotel, hoping in vain to beat her there but went up to the room to see her sitting on the bed talking to Dad on the phone. So much for my amazing sneaky plan!
On top of dress shopping, we went to Michaels (YAY!), and Chapters (double YAY!). We ate at Bonanza, and East Side Marios, and enjoyed take-out in the hotel room, drank much tea, had TCBY yogurt, and watched Bride Wars on pay per view in the hotel. We dealt with a power outage at 11pm in the hotel (see, those little keychain flashlights do come in handy!), and shopped till we dropped (literally, I had a nap when we got back to the hotel room on Sunday evening)
I'm so glad that Mum could come and spend the weekend with me! The only bad part was when I had to drop her off at the airport on Monday morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this picture. You're both so cute! Glad you had a great weekend.

*M* said...

Chapters! Michaels! Chai! Wedding details! OMG best weekend ever!