Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finally! Something to talk about!!

There have been many many many things I have been tempted to blog about, but alas, cannot. Let's face it, how can I preach to others that "a blog is not personal property but public domain" and "you have to be careful what you write" and then go on here and vent my frustrations by writing slanderous comments and potentially destroying my credibility and completely destroying the known universe? I just can't, in good conscience do such a thing, so sadly, the blog has suffered.
I'm a boring person these days. Don't believe me? I'll prove it. Here is a typical conversation:
You: "Hey! How's it going?"
Me: "Meh"
You: "Just meh? Why? What's going on? What's new?"
Me: "Meh. I work. Lots."
You: "Oh yeah? Well, we should get together?"
Me: "Um...I go to bed at 8:30."
You: "Wow...you're sure dull, J-dub. I don't ever want to talk to you again. Goodbye"
So maybe that's a little extreme, but you get the picture. Not much longer though...my two-job-status will be ending at the end of this month and from there on in, I'm back to the good ole 8 hour day (instead of 12).
Ok, I titled this blog "Finally! Something to talk about" because I do actually have something very exciting happening! Mum is coming to Regina this weekend (in fact, she's probably just about to board a plane as we speak) to go dress shopping with me! I don't think I could be more excited if I tried! And as the icing on the cake, Vassy is coming down for the day tomorrow to go to my appointments with us! This is really truly thrilling for me! Two key members of my Support Net in one city focusing all of their attention on ME! Seriously, this speaks to my vanity enormously. I'm excited to see Mum finally (haven't since October) and to have three wonderful days in the city together. It's a little bittersweet though...you see, she would have stayed longer and come to Swift if I weren't working two jobs, but she wouldn't be coming at all if I weren't working two jobs because we wouldn't be getting married this summer on my single-paycheck living.
Other thrilling things on the horizon for me include NKOTB on April 11th, Frank and Christi coming to visit on April 16th (YAY!!!!!), and Mare's wedding in May. This year is most definitely not going as fast as I had anticipated. Sure there's lots to look foward to, but it's taking forever!

1 comment:

*M* said...

Um excuse me, I also go to bed at 830. Doesn't that just show that THE coolest people turn in early? And my wife, I will always want to talk to you about nothing. Those are our best chats I believe. I wish with all my heart I was there this weekend, but I can't wait to hear detail by detail. You better be documenting so NOTHING is left out!
PS: HI MRS WILLIAMS!!!!!