Pages

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dear Driver...

Dear Driver who was Riding my Ass on the Number 7 Highway,
Thank you for making sure my license plate was screwed on properly. I assume that's what you were doing while you were driving so very close to me on Sunday afternoon. It was very kind of you to be so concerned for the welfare of my car.
I would also like to thank you for passing both myself and the semi I was following when we reached the first clear stretch of passing lane. You were absolutely right to take advantage of the few meters of dotted center line to get out from behind the slow moving truck. I assure you, I had no intention of passing the semi. I was simply following him because I don't like to be the first in any lineup - it seems rude to me. Really, don't worry, I stayed where I was because I really like it when my windshield gets pelted with rocks. Please don't feel any guilt at being what some would call a "budger". I personally believe that if you feel you can pass 13 cars and get to the front of a line up, you absolutely should, regardless of how long those other vehicles have been sitting behind the semi waiting patiently for a passing lane to present itself. You are, afterall, King of the Road.
Thank you once again for diligently shaving those 5 minutes off of your trip by making me wait another 15 for another opportunity to pass the semi (even though I had no intentions of doing so).
It was a pleasure,
Jessica

1 comment:

Martens said...

Did he remember to leave his signal light off while passing too? That's always a courteous thing to do as well. Some highway drivers are so good!