Pages

Friday, April 06, 2007

Long Lost Friends

Today, kicking off the long weekend, I went for a drive to visit a friend.
Lauren and I met in middle school in a babysitting course in grade 7 and totally hit it off. The strange thing about it is that we haven't really talked since graduation...7 years ago. We didn't deliberately not speak, but what with going to different schools and taking different directions in our lives, we just sort of lost touch. Then one day I was looking on myspace and saw that she was living in Saskatchewan. I wrote and asked where and it turned out she's living in a small town only an hour and a half away from Swift Current. So I hopped in the car this morning and went to see her. It was so great to catch up and I was very surprised to find that NOTHING had changed between us and we started talking freely and easily right off the bat...and for the next 3.5 hours! I have no doubt we could have kept talking, but, sadly, I had to get back to Swift.

Me and Lauren
~

I saw this view on the drive home...and actually had to backtrack about 5 minutes later when I found another turn off to go back east on the #1 just to take a picture.
~

I can't see a road like this and resist the urge to just GO! It's the most incredibly free feeling!

1 comment:

*M* said...

you are right, there is no way that I couldn't have just driven forever on that road. what a great day for a drive:)