Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Mall Chronicles...

Ah yes, blogging neglect. The reason I haven't been blogging has been 1 part lack of time, 1 part lack of things to blog about, and 1 part not wanting to hint at things that are just sort of in the works but not actually solidified at this point.
Saturday Brad and I went to Saskatoon to find a dress for me to wear to his Dad's wedding at the end of May and for a suit for him to wear.
At the Midtown Plaza, we went into a store called Siren's which mostly had twinky-skanky-diva clothes, but there were a couple of more conservative potentially cute dresses, which I picked up and went to the changerooms with. I stood at the changerooms for at least 2 minutes before getting fed up and seeking out one of the dipstick twinky employees. I asked her if I could have a changeroom and she looked at me and said "I guess...if there's one open." I felt like tripping her and dumping a table of sweaters on her bleach blond head, but refrained and followed her to the changeroom instead. When we got there, there was another girl waiting, and when the Twinky-extraordinaire opened up a changeroom, she just unlocked it and walked away. No "here you go", no "this one is free for you"...nothing. So, obviously the other lady who had come to the rooms while I was off getting "help" (a term I use loosely in this circumstance) and thought she was next. So she went in, and I dumped my clothes onto the nearest rack and made a beeline out of the store saying something to the extend of "that's crap" loud enough for people to hear.
At the next store, Bryan's, I went in, picked up a dress, and was immediately approached by a sales lady who asked if she could start a changeroom for me. I nearly cried in gratitude. And it was that dress that fit perfectly. I put it on hold and braved the rest of the mall for an hour searching other stores for that just-in-case find. But I ended up going back to Bryan's and bought the dress.
I don't know what it was, but Saskatoon was full of assholes that day, so we were really relieved to see Saskatoon fading away behind us as we high-tailed it out!

1 comment:

*M* said...

After working in retail, like you, I absolutely hate being treated like crap when in stores. For some of us shopping is already a bitch, especially when you've been looking forever! Kudos for leaving and saying something. And the dress you found is beautiful.